Thursday, April 19, 2007

Remembering April 19, 1995

Do you remember where you were?

I remember where I was. I was 24 years old and I still lived with my parents. My mom and I were watching "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" on Channel 9 in OKC. We didn't get to see much because about 5 minutes in, there was 'breaking news'. A news chopper was above the city and you could see a plume of smoke coming from the city. Nobody knew what happened yet. The chopper pilot decided to change positions to try and figure out what was going on. A minute or two later a shot came on the screen that I will never forget as long as I live. They showed a building with half of it missing. As soon as I saw it, I knew there had been some kind of explosion. I started seeing police, ambulances, fire engines, etc. coming onto the scene. I didn't know what to think. All I remember thinking was, "What is going on? Are we at war? Who did this?" It was an awful day and I hope that we as a people, as a country will start learning from our mistakes because one day there may be no country and we won't have to worry about mistakes anymore.

2 comments:

mortimas said...

i was in the fire academy in kansas city missouri... That was a terrible event that sadly has gone un talked about for too long.. thanks for the reminder.
mortimas
my blog
http://moneyminder.blogspot.com

Učit se a vydělávat said...

Justcome to say hello!
Great information here.


http://agloco-czech.blogspot.com/